Mallory, Alexis, and guest host Liz review what parts of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them stood out, both on screen and on page in the form of the published screenplay! We cover everything from magic feelings to fan theories in this special post-premiere episode.
– Is Newt the protagonist for the series, or will he become side-character?
– How Magic works in this world vs. the Harry Potter world; Newt’s proficiency and how his story with magic parallels with Hagrid’s; the heavy use of “obliviate”
– Jacob Kowalski as a vehicle for an older audience introduced to magic; JK Rolls = JK Rowling???; how muggles and wizards reflect each other in America vs the UK
– GRINDELWALD: how did he transform?? And other thoughts and theories!
– Credence & Co: thoughts on the witch’s mark; Credence <3 <3 (how much does he know, though?)
– Graves… is a follower of Grindelwald? (Where is he?)
– Theseus Scamander and the beasts behind his name
– Puns puns puns
– How the films might incorporate seeds planted in the first movie
Next time: CHARACTERS!!